I'm taken


My Panamanian affair! 

After having the most amazing proposal, I was so thrilled to start telling everyone and talk to my sissy about it so we can start planning. But wait; did I mention I had only few weeks to plan it? Aside from the shockingness that I will not plan my wedding for a year, I was ready to do it. After all, we been together 8 years and we both always wanted something intimate. After brainstorming how our big day was going to be like I decided the best choice was to have a Panamanian wedding.   My family was beyond excited to have such affair.  So the planning began from reserving the church calling the bridesmaids, planning the menu, creating invitations,  deciding decor and you know all the wedding details; however that became so overwhelming. Consequently, I started to become anxious that my bebe made me stop. After taking time off we decided that is best to do an intimate affair.  An intimate Panamanian affair it became.  

My fiancé and I decided we were going to be married by justice of the peace.  What? Is what we heard from family and good choice from all our friends.  Even though everyone had their own opinions and feelings about it we stood our ground because we really knew about we wanted and what works for us.
After, deciding which courthouse we were getting married, the rest of our planning began...


The big day arrived and everyone was so ecstatic and we were so calm and ready.

my awesome make-up artist 



   
So ready and relax or pondering? 
Two hearts become one 
.  
My wonderful nephews were my ring bearers and my beautiful nice was my bouquet holder

My munchkins were psyched to be part of it. I love them to pieces.










Our families were to join us in our intimate ceremony and celebrate our union at the courthouse. Our phenomenal photographer was taking photos and capturing our lifetime moments were suddenly I realized everyone was staring at us. I realize that everyone was gazing in awe of our gorgeous outfits and wondering what is going on.  We love the attention because we knew people were excited as we were but never expected such reaction. After the commotion we cause our names were called and our time to become one has come. The Judge was mesmerized of our outfits and asks us what country is this? we replied and in his amazement and he calls all his staff to witness our ceremony. Surprised ? yes, but a good one. Another surprised was that our cool judge asks us if we wanted our ceremony bilingual. (Spanish and English) and we said of course, yes. Not only that we had the opportunity to exchange our vows in English (him) and Spanish (me) but gave the chance for both our families to understand which was so wonderful.
Having such an intimate ceremony was so special and romantic and having our families witnessing our love, marriage and lives was absolutely priceless.  The room was filled with joy, love, surprises, sweetness, tears, and delight that we couldn't ask for more to such an unforgettable ceremony.
We are MARRIED!  



my family and new one 





Lovely couple 


Time to celebrate; we headed to our lovely reception, which took place at Povolina Italian café. This place is charming and stylish perfect for our wedding.  To be honest how I stumble to this place was quite an astonishing one; after calling so many restaurants along with my dad and to even almost settling for one I thank GOD we found this one. For the first time I walked in I fell in love with it and so did my papis.


At the reception everyone was stunned to see us and cheerful.  We were surrounded by friends and family picture perfect as we hope to be.  Cheer, chatting, hugs, kisses and flashes were flowing as well as best wishes. What better way to celebrate.  From delicious food, awesome staff, chic venue, speeches, laughter, toasts, and more our wedding is definitely one to remember. Everyone enjoyed and loves our Panamanian affair. Including the restaurant staff and owner which was so adorable and of course we couldn't say no when they wanted to take pictures with us, they were as excited as everyone else that made our day so special. Without a doubt we were the stars of this big day but we are pleased to look forward to our future together finally.


Thanks a million to everyone that helped made this day memorable. 









P.S.

I made my own forever bouquet because I'm not into flowers and I wanted something that would matched well with my head accessories. which I think it completes my wedding dress. don't you think?



The bouquet is made of beaded Pearls as my tembleques (head accessories.) I added a touch of red to give a little of color and contrast. if you want to make it or something similar all you need is beaded pearls, white round Styrofoam ball, hot glue, hot glue gun, tool, crystals, and gala bouquet holder (it comes with a Pre-filled with Desert Foam dry foam but I replace it with a Styrofoam ball since it holds the pearls much better) but you can use it as is. that's all you need and let your creativity flow. 





wedding favors


To order these pillow boxes or other wedding favors click here 














To see more our wedding click here





Comments

Popular Posts