I'm what?





When I was dating my baby, we both didn't want kids. As far as I can remember, I have never wanted kids; all my family and friends knew this. So they never bother me about it. But God had a different plan for me. We talked about it once I married my best friend and didn't want any. Then, surprise, He said why not one and I would have replied, absolutely not, but once I looked into his eyes, I realized this was the man of my life that God put in my path, and I said, yes, one. We can handle one. All my past feelings regarding this topic went away. I didn't care anymore I felt peace and said its the right time with the right man. So we decided to plan for a baby.

Even though we plan to become parents next year, you guys know things do not always go as planned, so in September, I was late, which  I thought was due to stress, but I started feeling extremely sleepy and was suffering from fatigue. Given the situation, this is typical behavior for me. This happened for a few days when I said oh no, this is not normal fatigue or sleepiness I finally said something was wrong and told my husband I was getting a pregnancy test. He was like why because you are too tired? I chuckle and say you noticed? He said yes.

 So, on October 27, we met with my hubby's boss and coworker for dinner and enjoyed ourselves. While dining, my husband asked me if I wanted a burger? And I said, yeah, I'm not sure why, but yes. He was surprised because I don't eat meat, but he was happy. After our wonderful dinner, we went to a drugstore and had our test. Once I got home, I went into the bathroom while he waited patiently in the living room for the results. The timer went off, and suddenly, I freaked out and didn't want to see, so I told him to do it. He went and saw the result, but typical of him, he didn't tell me; instead, he told me to go and see for myself. I don't know why I felt anxious and didn't want to see. So he kept telling go, I would reply I don't want to. He kept telling me to go see; it's not a big deal, so I finally got the courage and went. I saw.

The results were.................yep, you guessed it. Positive. I freaked out more, and he started laughing. I couldn't believe it. I was so shocked that I couldn't say anything for the rest of the night. Finally, I called my sister and told her the news; her answer was priceless. She cried with overjoy and was super excited. At 6am when my hubby was leaving to work I woke up and that's when it hit me we are going to be parents. I ran towards him, hugged him, kissed him, and said how excited we would be, Papa. We both laugh with joy and jump with happiness.





It's funny how two people who didn't want kids then decided to have one, and there it is. All I know is that it is so good to talk and plan with your partner for the future, know that you can count on him, and be on the same page. I  know that God has us in his hands.

That same week, we went to the Dr.office on Friday to confirm. All went well, and of course, It was big time pregnant. Later that day, we headed to Houston to tell our parents. I decided I wanted to talk to my parents in a fun way because I knew they were going to be shocked. So we got to my parents, we spent time together, and as time passed, I told Mom and Dad, Ervin (hubby) has something to say to you. I was recording. Hubby hands them a gift bag with a set of baby white booties. Once they opened the gift, my parents were in shock, so I had to stop the camera to show them the doctor's note that we were not kidding and that it was real. It was pretty awkward for us and them even when they told us to stop and not play with things like this, but after a few minutes, they realized it was true. They smiled and hugged us and said congratulations. Whew! I can breathe again. LOL


Then, next day it was time to tell my kiddos (nephews and niece)  I gave them a gift bag with a children book inside. Once they opened it, my brilliant niece was like wait, you're having a baby then my boys screamed what? Really, Tia? Yes. I have a baby, and they jumped for joy. Then they had a debate: boys wanted a boy, and my niece wanted a girl. But to say the least, they were so happy.

Later that day, It was his sister's turn. We met her at her tae-kwon-do dojo and waited until it was just us and her. We started talking about random stuff, and suddenly, hubby told her Tamy (me) had something to say to you while he was recording. I gave her the gift bag with a children's book, and once she opened it, she screamed so loud that we all started to laugh. She kept screaming saying I knew it i knew it. She was so ecstatic. We were so pleased she was as happy as we were.

That same day at night, we went to visit my grandparents to also let them know the news. I told my Abuela, Ervin has something he needs to say to you, but for some reason, my hubby got shy and didn't want to speak to her, so my Abuela was like, hey, come on, tell me, and he told her that I'm pregnant she turns at me with a shocked look and says is it true? And I said yes, it is; she leaned against the wall like she was about to faint and scared us a bit, but that's grandma always dramatic. She was fine. She was so delighted that starting telling remember, I told you I didn't want to die before I saw you married and had babies. Her wish came true. I cried. I was so glad to be able to share the news with my abuelita. She was so excited that she started telling us about her pregnancy stories. It was priceless.


On Sunday, It was my in-law's turn. I gave them a gift bag with baby food inside. They opened together, and once they saw the baby food, they were silent for a moment, and then his dad jumped out of the couch and screamed yes. They were so thrilled to know they were going to be grandparents. We laughed and hugged and, of course, took a picture. Right away, we texted his aunt with the pic we took to tell her the news, which was also so funny. She screamed with happiness; there was no doubt she was thrilled.

So there you have it. After going through a roller-coaster of emotions, we are glad we could share the news with our family and friends. We are grateful to have encountered this new adventure and chapter of our lives.

Comments

Popular Posts