Little is much when God is in it


Praise & worship are playing, mingled with me singing out aloud. My house was overflowing with music and praise dancing. One particular song comes on, and suddenly, the lyrics make me pause; then I start to praise God; then I can feel my heart being overcome with emotions, and suddenly, I begin to weep. Been there? As I was drowning in my tears, I knew right then what God was telling me. Trust me in the little. You see, a while back God already has spoken to me, however, I thought I had done what he asked me to do so I did not heed his request. God knew I needed to reflect, and He knew exactly how to speak into my heart. I was not really doing what He asked me to do. So, here we are in my AHA! A moment when I realized I needed to trust God in the little things and in the tiny things.

Now that I was conscious of what I needed to do, an opportunity presented itself. I was low on baby formula, and I was still trying to figure out where to find some because stores were out and online. The day came when I completely ran out, and my doorbell rang; I opened the door, and there was a box of baby formula enough for me to wait and get some more at the store. God was tangibly showing me to just trust him. Whether it is baby formula, job, homeschooling, chores, kids, finances, car, food, safety, etc. Trust! God is in the little.

Little did I know that God, after that miracle, would take me on a journey towards exercising trust. This quarantine, of course, was an excellent way for me to walk out in faith. Luke 16:10a (ESV) says One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much. Day by Day, whatever little thing I was facing, I needed to be steadfast and know that God was in it. And so, I would choose to trust that every little thing would be okay because God is working well through every little thing. (Romans 8:28) When doubt sneaked in, I gently gave myself a soul-talk: "I can trust God, and it is going to be okay. So, hush! doubt you have no place here. I will trust that everything happening around me today, every Day, is happening to make miracles and to deepen my faith.

In my season of small blessings, every Day God provided. Each Day I was constantly reminded to Trust in HIM all times (psalm 62:8) These moments may seem insignificant or mundane God will use these blessings to deepen your faith and grow your wisdom. Trust is both an attitude and action, your first small step must follow by another and another until you realize God is indeed in it and made a way for you to know Him personally. The more we trust God and act on our faith in him, the more we will see his way for us.

So, without question, God longs for us to trust Him with everything, from big things to little things to everything in between, even the silliest things. He cares for all. He cares for every detail of your life. He delights in His people. He wants to know. He wants to help. He wants to listen, and He wants to show up for you. He is after your heart. Nothing is too big or small for God to show his faithfulness and goodness. If it matters to you, it Matters to God. Give yourself away and pour out your heart. This is where you can learn to be a good steward of everything. He gives you everything, no matter the size or value.

Every moment, every Day, is an opportunity to trust Him. I encourage you to open your eyes to the little and see how God blesses you regularly. Meditate on God's word, allow His truth to consume your thoughts, fears, and doubts, and do not dismiss the little things in your life. Take advantage of blessings because you do not see their value. Small things will develop into a harvest of blessings when you allow God to use them for His glory; for instance, God used the jawbone of a donkey in the slaying of a thousand men (Judges 15:15). He used a small bowl of flour and oil to feed Elijah and a widow and her son for many days (1 Kings 17:12). He used one small stone in killing a giant (1 Sam. 17:40). Reassuring right?

When you make the decision to choose to trust, He will show up, there will be uncertainties, you will step into the unknown, and HIS plan will not make sense; it's okay to let God know how okay feel, but (don't dwell in it), He will never leave you astray; He will always go before you. He will stretch your faith, but He will help you. He will never leave you nor forsake you Hebrews 13:5(ESV). Trust to do your part with His help, and when you are done, trust HIM to do the rest." the more you trust, the more HE will Amaze you. Where is GOD, good is being worked? Proverbs 3:5-6 (ESV): Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Lysa Terkeurst stated We do not serve a do-nothing God. He is always working. He knows exactly what needs to happen in every detail of your story. Keep trusting Him. He sees you. He loves you.

Oh, sweet sisters, I want to gently remind you that while these blessings might not be worth much, you are showing God you are trustworthy by taking care of one little thing. Let us decide today if we will be the kind of woman God can trust with it all. Show Him we can be entrusted with little; before you know it, you will find out HE is trustworthy. In our trust in Him, we experience a life filled to overflowing. May God give all of us grace to cultivate faithfulness in the little things that we do.

 

Prayer

Dear God, I know you have great things in store for me. I want to trust you more, and I know it will not be easy, but I want to turn my life over to you. Let me be a good servant and be found trustworthy in the small things so that someday You can trust me in the big things in the kingdom. In Jesus' Great Name, I pray. Amen

Scriptures

Luke 16:10, Luke 19:17, Romans 8:28, Philippians 4:6-7, Proverbs 3:5-6, Psalm 62:8, Matthew 28:20, Psalm 52:8, Psalms 28:7, Psalm 25:1.

Reflect

  • What about you? 
  • Is there evidence that God cares about the "small stuff" in your life?
  •  Can you think of a time when God helped you in a circumstance that made you feel anxious or unsteady?
  •  Are you trusting Him with everything today? 
  • What do you need to relinquish control of and trust God today? 
  • Where can you see Him showing you that even the little things matter? 
  • What one thing can you do today to Trust God? 

 

Comments

Popular Posts