Do you trust me?

 How you ever notice in the movies that when someone is facing danger or is in an unfamiliar or uncomfortable situation, someone is saying trust me, or do you trust me?

Like in the movies, we sometimes face uncomfortable or uncertain situations that test our faith. In the film, in these moments, people are hesitant or might be a little freaked out; still, they act. But, in real life, trusting plays out slightly differently when faced with unknown circumstances. Why, may you ask? Events can be life-altering, unpredictable, or simply frightening. I recall a family meeting where we decided to step out in faith to go in a new direction. At first, all was well. I said aloud, “Yes, Lord, I trust you. Then adjustments started to happen; I said I choose to trust you, Lord, and then bam! Everything started to crumble, and in a moment, I found myself sitting at my dining table staring at the window, with tears flooding my face; my body was trembling, and I realized my faith was being tested. Could I trust Him with this? With humility, I cried, Lord, my heart is aching. I had opened the door to doubt.  God, “How are we getting out of this? When is it getting better? Haven’t you felt like this before? Challenging situations pressing in from every side made you cry, “This is too much for me,” “I cannot do this anymore,” and I want out of this story! Genuine. Raw. To some extent embarrassing to admit words. Perceiving the enemy all around and being surrounded by problems we cannot solve and circumstances we cannot control.


God’s love is mighty to handle our cares, fears, and thought problems. It’s God, our heavenly Father. {Psalm 55:22} leave them with Him. It’s easy to say I trust you, Lord, at the altar on Sunday, only to have a panic attack on Monday. Then, by the next day, pick up the matter again on our shoulders. Trusting is a lifelong journey where we face uncertainty, pain, adversity, and the unknown. Also, when we choose to trust God, to act, surrender all and allow Him to tug on our spirit and speak to our hearts. As He works in us, the more we walk with Him, the more we see his fingerprints, whispers, and winks. Dealing with adversity with Him encounters grace, mercy, love, peace, hope, faithfulness, courage, strength, and so much more. God will guide you in every step, every decision, and every circumstance. The longer you walk with the Lord, the more you realize that you do not need to know the plan to trust that there is a plan.

Furthermore, we do not have to feel good to trust that a blessing is coming. We do not have to see evidence of change to trust that it will not be this hard forever. We can shut down our physical eyes and turn our thoughts to Jesus. Say His Name over and over and over. And know that we can trust our Father’s heart and His plans. Do not give up hope, friend. You truly can trust Him. He knows best, and He is trustworthy.

While I remain to live out trust, I had great days and not so great. My faltering steps felt like a lack of faith. Yet, God was so gracious and whispered that a weak moment is not weak faith; they are links that make us more aware of our need to press into HIS presence. Friend, we will not do this exchange of believing and walking in faith perfectly, which is ok. The beauty is that we are not supposed to do it alone. We are to do it together with HIM progressing imperfectly but with willing hearts and HIS strength. Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.”

God is surrounding whatever difficult situation is surrounding you. Jesus painted this same picture in John 14:20 when He said, “… I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.”

 Resting in God’s wisdom can be difficult when we do not understand His ways. But if we’re honest, our limited vision is no match for our Father’s sovereign sight. Like I do not know what is waiting in this season, we can’t fully understand what lies on the other side of our prayers and pleas.Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you, I wait all the day long: {Psalm 25:5}. Friend, I know how hard it can be to wait on God when you want to move forward and seek His guidance, but sometimes He seems silent. You start to wonder if your prayers matter. “The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry.” {Psalm 34:15} But while waiting for His answer, do not lose confidence in His goodness. Be strong. Be patient. Cling to His Word. And keep trusting in His unfailing love. He has a good plan for you, friend. He really does.

T-Thank God always.

R- Rest in HIS peace

U - Understand who God is.

S- Seek HIM at all times.

T- Time is in God’s hands.

Whether using this acronym to guide you in your journey or using other tools, trusting and living out trusting God can be complicated and confusing sometimes. Be patient with yourself and with each other. I promise God is patient and able to handle your questions and circumstances. He loves you more than you know. So, friend, “I have a plan.” Do you Trust me? ~GOD.

Prayer

O God, my Strength, I put my trust in You. You have never forsaken those who seek You. You have never let me down. I know that You never will let me down because my life has been a testimony of Your greatness. Mold me into Your image and hold me close to You. Please show me how to mature as a Christian and improve on my walk of faith. Steady my trust in You so that it never wavers, no matter what battles I face. I declare that my faithfulness to You will always be strong. Amen.

 


Scriptures

John 11:40, Mark 9:23, Proverbs 3:5, Psalm 56:3, John 14:20, Psalm 56:11, Isaiah 26:3-4.








Reflect

  •    Reflect on what it would be like if God were your guide through life.
  •    Ask God to lead you. Commit to trusting him and follow him wherever he leads.
  •    Ask God to let you in on what He wants to do in your life next.
  •    Are you trusting God with everything in your life? Is there something you are not trusting Him with?
  •   How can you show God you trust Him with everything?

Comments

Popular Posts