Noche de Fritangas


Saturday,was a fun and crazy night. My family had a fritters night event. Fritters are any fried food. Since February is carnivals time in Panama we decide to have a party to gather the Panamanian community. So we had a Fritters night; all kinds of fried goodies. The night was full of proud of patriots ready to enjoy what the event had to offer. I was so thrilled to see so many of old friends and new faces and to see many people showing of their country's outfits. We had a blast. Plenty of dancing, music, eatery and mingling.

There were carimañolas (Yucca fritters), empanadas de maiz, (Corn turnovers) tortillas (Corn tortillas), hojaldras ( salty fried bread) , and carne guisada (stewed meat).. Oh my goodness I was in heaven to have the chance to eat food from my country was like finally and it only made me missed my home more but appreciative of the delicious our country's food is. I'm not into fried food much but when I saw the hojadras with the stewed meat with sauce;I said I gotta have it. So I had 2 tortillas with meat and hojadras with meat. I ate plenty. Of course had to take some home. My goodie bag was full of uncooked goodies. That for me was great; you can eat some and take some home too.

Many people had the same thinking; they took plenty of uncooked food home and ate with such savoring that my family was so pleased that everyone enjoy the food. I must say my family work very hard to provide the best food and service that I'm glad it payed off. Everyone love it and was so happy to finally have a gathering.

So overall It was a great time with great results and people as myself cannot wait until the next one.

Comments

Popular Posts