Good Company at Goode Company Seafood



On Saturday, my boyfriend wanted us to try a seafood place and since my niece receive a Principal Award for having A's all year we decided to go celebrate my niece accomplishment. We were so proud to know that 18 students were chosen for this award and she was among them. So, of course like any other aunt I was so proud and thrilled to celebrate such an honor.

Off we went to Goode Company Seafood restaurant in Westpark. The place is casual (who wouldn’t want to eat at a train) & the atmosphere is offbeat, Price $(most expensive dish is $25) family friendly and the service is great our waitress was really friendly and courteous.

As you all know I love choices and they do provide choices, like a gluten & wheat free menu, just make sure to ask for it as well as notify the manager of any food allergy or preference.

As any usual place on Saturdays it was absolutely busy, packed, and very loud but we were so excited to know more about this place that we didn't' mind & didn’t mind the wait. So we thought but after 10 minutes waiting we were dying because we were starving and all we wanted was to eat. That's why we look over the menu and decided on what we wanted. After 20 minutes finally our table was ready and we were seated; obviously we order right away.

All Dinners are served with a Shrimp Empanada, Garlic Bread and your choice of Seafood Rice, Red Beans, Fries or Vegetable of the day. So My babe wanted the USDA Prime Dry Aged Rib-eye but they were out so he order the Fried catfish & shrimp along with seafood rice .My niece got the Grilled shrimp with seasoned fries and me, got the grilled salmon along with sautéed mushrooms.


So let’s breakdown, my niece absolutely love her food and couldn’t stop bragging about how good the fries were that I had to try them and they were good well-seasoned but too salty. My boyfriend’s was satisfied with his dish but no surprised there because he loves fried seafood. He didn’t finish so he took the rest home. As for me the shrimp empanada was good enough to eat. Is a small treat to try. The Grilled Salmon wasn’t salty and it was juicy plus cooked right, unfortunately it didn't have much flavor. The mushrooms were good as well as the garlic bread. So overall it was edible.


The food is not the greatest but it’s good enough to eat and a great place to gather. One thing I didn’t like was the quantity of food for what you’re paying. I know is seafood but still the dishes are quite small.


Nonetheless, we had a good time & most importantly my 7yr old niece love it. So we probably go back and bring the rest of the family. Also I want to try the Campechana Cocktail. I have read great reviews and want to find out if is good as they say..


Until next time.....................


Comments

Popular Posts