Whose birthday is it?




Friday October 21 is the official date for my dear Mother's birthday. However, due to her love for her grandchildren she was not able to celebrate her day as planned. Instead she dedicate her day in cooking and baking for her granddaughter's birthday party the next day. Even though I knew she didn't mind and was enjoying doing everything for my niece; I couldn't help feeling saddened by the whole situation. I wanted this year to be different; that's why I had everything plan for her. But as life have it, things don't always goes as planned. 

Friday she received her typical calls, messages, text, facebook and visits from family and friends to wish her happy birthday. Form us she got her gifts. But still felt like she needed more. Saturday morning came and as planned we prepared the last minutes for my niece birthday party and we sure party. . 

I still had hope that things could work out. So the late afternoon arrive and my niece party was officially over. We went home and got ourselves ready for the continuation of mom's birthday. The Puerto Rican & Cuban festival. She is been wanting to go for a very long time and finally her chance arrived. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go with her but she still ended going and went to see what the festival is all about. Needless, to say the festival wasn't entirely what she was expecting; therefore she didn't enjoyed it as much as I thought she would.

"papis waiting for the show to start"
Still not giving up....Sunday arrived and our church celebrated the birthdays. MOM finally got her cake and a proper celebration. I was thrilled to see that she finally had a well deserve celebration.Our church was so sweet and I was pleased.


Sunday night; we ended up going to the Miller Outdoors Theatre, to enjoy Mega-reventĆ³n which is a free concert  hosted by mega 101 radio station and one of mom's favorite singer was going to perform (Luis Enrique). This was the perfect ending to her Birthday weekend.  She danced, sang and truly enjoy herself, which is what I truly wanted for her to have. 


 

For the most part my mami enjoy her eventful weekend and was pleased how everything went. She looksforward to next year. Hopefully this time goes as planned or better.                                
                                                       HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!                                                                  

Comments

Popular Posts