Conference

On Friday August 26, My church had its first big conference. We started Friday night at Iglesia Cristiana Nueva Vida. Our guest Speaker was Dr. Dan Hatfield. He spoke about a very popular bible story. I learn few new things and enjoy the new atmosphere. After the service we had refreshments and had fellowship. The food was great as well as the company. We had a good first day.

Saturday morning we had our Ministers & leader Breakfast this was our big day because it was a conference for 75 people. My mom help in the registration site along with Gloria and everyone else help with the conference. I was in charge of video taping and making sure everything runs smoothly. Our sister church made the breakfast and it was yummy.

All the leaders and minister enjoyed. While everyone was enjoying their breakfast and coffee the choir sang beautiful songs and made the ambiance quite pleasant. Then Pianist Mario Gonzalez played some marvelous tunes. The breakfast was quite delightful. Great food, good company and beautiful music. Amazing start.

Then, our Guest speaker begin his conference. The topic was about how to speak Greek without knowing Greek. I learn few things as well as the congregation. Everyone was like sponges absorbing all they could absorb. It's gratifying to see people eager to learn and listen to everything the speaker had to offer and was given to them.

While everyone was enjoying their conference I ran to practice. I practice (folklore group) for an hour. After an exhausting practice quickly change and head back to the conference to help with the lunch.

Lunch was provided by one our church members. She made machacado which is scramble eggs with dry beef in a sauce. basically, we had a Mexican feast. The food was great. Everyone love it and were satisfied.

After a long day, it was time to clean up. boy! So much things to do but I thank God for my friend Jose because he help me a ton. Finally, we finish cleaning after an hour. yes an hour. it was a lot.

I waited for my parents and went home. I rest for few hours and again back in the saddle. At night, we went to Iglesia de Dios White Oaks were our guest spoke and gave a nice message. Afterwards we went to eat with members of our church. Such a wonderful time. great second day

Sunday morning was the last day. Our guest preach for our sister church and after in ours. After a day of praising and leaning. We had lunch. WOW! what a lunch. We had a great time laughing, joking for an hour and simply enjoying the guest company.

Days of great Joy, my weekend was filed of learning experiences, kindness, appreciation and gratefulness.

We survived the weekend and we are thankful that everything turn out amazing.

Comments

Popular Posts