Cucos not so cuckoos for it.





Last night, My boyfriend & I went to try the Cucos Mexican cafe on 290. The place was packed since it was game night & a Saturday. we were promptly seated and they brought us the usual chips and salsa. (pic above) We love the chips & salsas, were great as usual and yummy.

We order the parrilla San Luis (for two, $30) which includes Chicken & beef fajitas, grilled shrimp, sausage, chicken quesadillas and sauce. Serve with yellow rice, pico de gallo, beans, sour cream, grated cheese, lettuce & flour tortillas. We were very excited to see how all this food was going to look. So we waited, and waited, and waited; we waited for such a long time that I thought they forgot about us; when I was about to ask a waiter, our waiter pull out with are parilla. Looks yummy, right? thinking about it.......... done!

Now let's talk about the food, the food look great but as far as taste didn't pass. Here is why, the flour tortillas were so hard like a rock & they don't come in typical plastic tortilla keeper instead they come in a red burger basket covered in napkins. which I didn't like because the napkins got stuck in the tortillas (obviously) and was a little messy to take them off & enjoy. ( really who wants to eat paper in their tortillas, right?). But honestly it didn't matter because they were so overcooked and taste awful. The chicken was too spicy for my taste and salty, the beef was too salty but the shrimp was great. The sausage was really good as well as the quesadillas. the beans were alright but I had better. I'm not a big fan of the yellow rice(Mexican style) but i tried it and still didn't like it. Botom line I ate the shrimp with guacomole & pico de gallo. It's the only thing I like. plus, the service was not great. The waiter was taking so long to asssit us that we were pretty done with it. not so great food plus not so great service equal to a not so great dining experience.

No doubt the experience of last night reinforced my thinking it does make a different who is cooking the food. The cook/chef that we had last night should not be on Saturday nights. Or should improve his/her skills.

The million dollar question is would I give them another try? I'm not so sure. I have to ponder on it. honestly we have had better Mexican food as well as the Cucos on 59 was so much better. So let's ponder.............


Have you try this place? if so, please share was is your favorite dish & tell me what should I try next time.

Comments

Popular Posts