When God Sees What Others Don't
There are parts of us that other people will never see.
They may see us smiling. They may see us serving, showing up, loving our families, and doing the things we know we're supposed to do.
But God sees deeper.
He sees the thought I had but never said out loud.
He sees the attitude I tried to hide.
He sees the resentment I told myself was justified.
He sees the moment I knew my response wasn't right, even though I still walked away instead of apologizing.
And honestly, sometimes I wish He didn't see all of it.
But then I remember God seeing me completely isn't something I need to be afraid of. It's the very reason I can stop pretending.
I don't have to hide from the parts of me that still need work because He already knows they're there.
I've learned that some of the most important work God does in me happens in places nobody else applauds. It happens when I have to admit that wasn't right. When I have to surrender the attitude I wanted to hold onto. When I have to apologize even though I still feel hurt. When I have to choose grace instead of getting the last word.
That's where God changes us.
Not by making us look better.
By making us more like Him.
Heart Reflection
- What is God showing you about yourself lately that you might rather ignore? Is there an attitude, reaction, resentment, habit, or thought you've been excusing because no one else sees it?
- Bring that honestly to God. You don't have to clean it up first. You don't have to defend it.
- You don't have to explain why you feel the way you do.
- Just bring it.
Because conviction isn't God standing over you saying, Look how bad you are.
It's God lovingly showing you, This is something I want to heal and change in you.
And there is freedom in that.
Today
Before you respond to your spouse today, especially in a moment where you're frustrated or misunderstood, pause.
Ask:
"God, what is happening in me right now?"
- Not just "What did he do?"
- Not just, Was I right?
- But what are you trying to show me about me?
- Then surrender that piece to Him.
Because sometimes the greatest change in our marriage begins before the conversation ever happens.
It begins in us.
Prayer
God,
You see the parts of me no one else sees. Give me the courage to be honest about them and the humility to let You change me. When You show me something in my heart that needs to change, help me surrender it rather than defend it. Make me more like You in the places that matter most in my thoughts, my words, and the way I love. Amen.
.png)
.png)

Comments
Post a Comment